Wednesday, August 15, 2018

A little welcome message

2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata, Club edition(?)
Before I start getting into the blog posts here, figured I would write up a quick introduction message. Especially since blogs feel like they are so 1990's-ish compared to all the social media platforms that are out there. The one benefit that I find with blogs is the ability to do longer, more involved content and I'm hopeful that will be the case with this location on the web as well.

As far as why I am starting up a new blog, it corresponds with a new car I just recently acquired. That car is a new 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata. I'll go into more detail about it in future posts. The main point for this entry is that I can tell after just one week of ownership that it has stirred up some of the same excitement I had for several years of MINI ownership. I suddenly find myself considering road trips I can take, researching products and methods to take care of the new ride, and learning all I can about the culture of Miata owners.

With my MINI, I wrote about all that stuff within an existing blog that I had, so MINI posts ended up getting mixed in with lots of other topics. Which I'm not opposed to someone finding out that I also have interests in D&D or fountain pens or marathon running or the English Premier League. But it just seems to make some sense to me this go round that I segregate everything Miata related to its own little corner.

Hope you enjoy reading about this ownership journey and my experiences with my new Miata. And my apologies for this entry not being tagged - it should be the only one which is fitting since it should be the only introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment